How To Brine a Turkey
A turkey brine will no doubt make your thanksgiving turkey memorable. Brining is a process similar to marination, where the meat is soaked in a salted water mixture. The great thing about a brine, is that you can really suit it to any flavor profile. Adapt this recipe to fit your taste. Bottom line, brining will result in a delicious, juicy and flavorful turkey.
- Soak turkey in the brine for at least 24 hours
- Using a medium sized cooler works really well for brining a larger turkey
- Give your brine plenty of time to cool before soaking your turkey
- Have fun with the brine ingredients, this is just a method, you won’t mess it up
- Add ice to your brine in order to keep the bird at a safe temperature