- 4 Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 slices Daniels Gourmet Bacon, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Stoller pinot noir, or any other red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2tsp dried thyme
- Crock Pot: Combine all ingredients in your crock pot, cook on low for 6-8 hours, until chicken is tender.
- Advanced method: Preheat your oven to 325, and a saute pan to medium heat. Add chopped bacon to the pan, cook until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy. Add onions, celery, carrot, and mushrooms to the pan, saute until translucent, appx 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook another 2-3 minutes. Deglaze pan with red wine, and add thyme and bay leaves. Line chicken thighs out in a 2” baking dish, then pour contents of the saute pan over the chicken. Cover and bake at 325 for appx 1 hour, until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165. Uncover, bake an additional 15 minutes.
**Chef’s Tip: The wine-based cooking liquid and veggies go great with potatoes or rice!**
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness