- 1 2.5 lb Certified Angus Beef® Brand Tenderloin roast trimmed and tied
- 2 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried crushed rosemary
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp prepared horseradish, to taste
- sour cream
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 dash fresh minced garlic
- Four hours (or more) before you are planning on cooking the roast, prepare the rub by mixing all the oregano, thyme, rosemary, dry mustard, garlic powder, 2 tsp. kosher salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Coat the roast with the spice mixture and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or more to allow spices to season the meat.
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator an hour before you are ready to roast and allow it to sit at room temperature.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Unwrap the roast and put it on a rack in a small roasting pan or just place on a small baking sheet with sides. Rub the olive oil over the entire roast.
- Place roast in oven and cook for 15 minutes (this will oven sear the roast giving it a nice browned exterior and seal in the juices), then reduce the heat in the oven to 325 degrees and roast to the degree of doneness you desire. I cooked my roast to med-rare, which is an internal temperature of 135 degrees F. I used the RoastPerfect app to determine cooking time for that particular doneness. It said to cook the for 27 minutes once the oven was reduced to 325 degrees F. That is what I did. When I checked my instant read thermometer at 27 minutes, it read 135 degrees F.
- Take roast out and tent with foil. Allow it to sit for 10 – 15 minutes before carving. While roast is resting, make the Creamy Horseradish Sauce by combining all the ingredients. Serve alongside the carved roast.
Roast recipe adapted from Certified Angus Beef® Brand RoastPerfect app
Creamy Horseradish Sauce adapted from Allrecipes