Bring home the immense flavor of the Big Apple’s favorite steak with our New York Strip Steak recipe. We’re marinating this classic Delmonico cut with our Sweet & Heat BBQ Sauce and seasoning it with Traeger Beef Rub before searing the strip loin with intense wood-fired flavor. Full recipe found HERE.
- 1 cup Traeger Sweet & Heat BBQ Sauce
- 14 oz New York Strip Steaks (as many as desired servings)
- Traeger Beef Rub (as needed)
- Combine Traeger Sweet & Heat BBQ Sauce into a shallow casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Place the strip steak in the mixture, making sure the steak is coated evenly on both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours to overnight.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with Traeger Beef Rub. Let steaks come to room temperature before grilling, about 45 minutes.
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger to 500℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place steak toward the front of the grill grate and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until steaks reach desired internal temperature, 130℉ for medium-rare.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain to serve. Enjoy! *Cook times will vary depending on set and ambient temperatures.